Theodores opening in 1969 revolutionized modern home furnishings in Washington DC. Our mission has always been to continually search for home decor with the best design, quality and value. We introduced the city to a heightened level of ground breaking design with our collections. An urban legend was born.
Today, the legend continues in our 10,000 square foot showroom in Upper Georgetown. Our collections include modern living, bedroom, dining, fine art and accessories. We bring the finest European and domestic home furnishings to our showroom.
As a furniture sales/ design consultant, you will provide our customers with design assistance as you discover their needs and help them to create a warm and inviting home. In addition, you will partner with other in-house consultants to create an engaging customer experience. You will also be responsible for meeting established sales goals.
Your specific duties in this role include:
- Greeting and assisting clients through the showroom.
- Reinforcing customer selections and helping them complete spaces within their homes.
- Obtaining client information and conducting prompt and professional follow-up before and after the sales.
- Maintaining knowledge of a broad range of furniture styles and products available to the client through Theodores.
- Health Insurance
- Simple IRA
- Life Insurance
As a furniture sales/ design consultant you must be highly driven and self-motivated; achieving individually while being a supportive team member. You must also be highly organized and able to maintain a responsive follow-up schedule. It’s important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to connect and establish relationships with a diverse group of customers. Strong sales skills are required to excel in this fast pace environment.
- Prior Home Furnishing Sales Experience.
- Positive and engaging personality
- Energetic attitude
- Ability to overcome customer objections
- Familiarity with a broad range of furniture styles and products
- Computer proficiency including email experience required; knowledge and use of MS Office software
- Ability to generate floor plans by hand or using a computer program such as AutoCAD
- Relevant experience is a must.
If you have integrity, concern for others, are dependable, like to achieve, and enjoy building people centered relationships while being rewarded, then Theodores is the right fit for you!
Please apply via email and include cover letter and resume.