PPG Design and Development, a nationwide design-build firm providing cutting-edge, innovative design and top-quality general contracting seeks an experienced Interior Designer to support our growing business. The ideal candidate will have interior architectural design experience with healthcare (clinics, hospitals, senior living, etc.) and/or hospitality and corporate projects. The Designer should be a well-rounded individual who has both the ability and experience to work from concept phase through construction administration. The position is located in Brooklyn, NY.
Daily tasks will include but are not limited to: Custom Furniture & Millwork Design, Design Documentation, FF&E and Architectural Finish Selections, Specification Writing, and working closely with the Purchasing and Project Management teams to procure items & style projects on-site. We seek candidates who are positive and motivated, eager to collaborate with colleagues, skilled at giving and receiving feedback, and open to travel.
This position would be within the Design Team at PPG D&D, working closely with other members of the team. The Design Team, in turn, collaborates with other teams within the company to bring projects to completion.
- Spexx (or similar specification writing software experience)
- Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- AutoCad, Revit
- BA in Architecture or Interior Design, or similar discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in interior design-focused on healthcare or hospitality design.
- Have ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines without compromising quality.
- Have knowledge of basic construction.
- Have knowledge of basic FF&E Specification.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Portfolio required (digital preferred).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year