For over 35 years, PBK Architects has been a leader in architectural and engineering design solutions across the United States. We are constantly seeking the brightest and most talented minds to be part of our award winning firm. Here at PBK, we pride ourselves in providing the best in class programmers, planners, architects, engineers, and consultants to offer top notch customer service. We strive to make a positive impact for future generations with our actions today. Here’s your chance, are you ready to make a difference?
PBK is looking for a highly motivated and creative interior designer who is ready to join our design team. This challenging and fast paced position will require a personable candidate with experience in designing interiors of educational, healthcare or large scale corporate facilities. You will be a part of a collaborative team which includes project designers, production architects, and a team of engineers. You will be expected to provide leadership in all project phases from initial development to completion and assist in the design and documentation of interior spaces. You must have the ability to create design concepts and continue the development through all design phases. An ideal candidate should have extremely strong inter-personal skills, strong technical skills, be an effective presenter of ideas and concepts, possess knowledge of interior finishes, and to help us lead in educational design.
Please submit your design portfolio along with your resume when applying or you will not be considered for the position.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Must have at least a Bachelor of Interior Design or Interior Architecture (must be CIDA accredited)
- NCIDQ Interior Designer, registered in the State of Texas (TBAE) is a plus
- Educational and Healthcare experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, must be able to present design concepts to clients
- Proficient in Revit, Sketchup + Vray, AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
- Interior finish materials selections, specification, production of finish material boards
- Space planning, knowledge of codes, understanding of mechanical systems, etc…
- Construction documentation production, construction administration, review of submittals
- Strong devotion to customer service. Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth and career advancement within our progressive architectural firm. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. An aggressive, client oriented personality with a knack for creative problem solving will succeed in this position.
PBK has built a client base of more than 200 clients, a list that includes school districts, university systems, hospital systems and Fortune 500 corporations. PBK offers employees competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular activities and organizations established through the firm. PBK has established a culture that has led to the firm being named to the list of “Best Places to Work in Houston."