At Peoples, we are more than just an energy provider. We are a company that is truly passionate about serving our customers.
Peoples Natural Gas is an energy company in Pennsylvania, providing Western Pennsylvania with clean, safe and reliable natural gas for more than 130 years and has a combined workforce of almost 1,300 employees. Peoples has been a committed partner and leader in the natural gas industry, currently providing reliable energy to more than 700,000 customers. Our vision of Making Lives Better is redefining the way we serve our customers. We are committed to being an environmental leader utilizing technology and innovation to create cleaner, more reliable energy sources.
Our employees are rewarded with the opportunity for advancement and to gain experience in a variety of interesting roles. We offer a competitive salary, annual bonus program and comprehensive benefits package. Health benefits are comprised of medical, dental and vision coverage, including the option for family coverage. In addition, employees are compensated with vacation, paid holidays, sick pay, life insurance, LTD insurance, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Peoples is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons, regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Peoples Natural Gas is committed as an equal opportunity employer. To maintain the integrity of the recruitment process and to avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest due to employment and/or assignment of family members and personal referrals, specific guidelines apply to the hiring and assignment of these individuals including, but not limited to:
- Family members cannot result in a supervisor/subordinate reporting relationship
- Family members cannot work in the same department
Under limited supervision, perform moderately complex activities related to maintaining a complete and accurate general ledger and the resultant reports and statements. Perform account reconciliations, assist with Public Utility Commission (PUC) annual report preparation, and provide audit support
- Participate in month-end closing functions under limited supervision and meet all closing deadlines.
- Prepare and post journal entries with thorough supporting documentation.
- Analyze accounts and prepare account reconciliations; immediately bring inconsistencies and/or issues to the attention of management.
- Perform general accounting analysis.
- Adhere to accounting control procedures.
- Provide support for external audits and quarterly reviews, internal audits, and regulatory audits.
- Assist with PUC annual reporting, Energy Information Administration (EIA) reporting, American Gas Association (AGA) reporting, and rate cases.
- Assist with regulated natural gas accounting matters such as interstate gas supply, local production gas, and storage gas.
- Assist with benefits accounting
- Participate in system upgrades and modifications
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), accounting policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word. Strong knowledge of SAP ERP system.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare accounting reports, statements, and projections.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated with effective time management skills; able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage competing priorities in order to meet deadlines with quality deliverables.
- Ability to work overtime to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer Focus
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- At least two years' experience in accounting or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in attention-to-detail, time management, and problem-solving.
- Knowledge of natural gas utility industry operations preferred.
- SAP ERP experience preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Work overtime to meet deadlines for deliverable.
- Working conditions may include approximately 10% travel to work sites of PNG & PTWP and/or other constituents.
- Perform sedentary work- exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- See, hear, talk, and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
- Operate standard office equipment.