PeopleTec is currently seeking an Advanced THAAD Integration Engineer to support our Huntsville, AL location.
The ideal candidate will:
- Coordinate the development, sustainment, and integration of software for the THAAD weapon system, with particular emphasis on the AN/TPY-2 radar software, and associated integration within the THAAD Weapon System.
- Perform technical oversight of Fire Control, Missile, Launcher, Radar, Trainer, and support software efforts for US and foreign military sales efforts.
- Prepare software specifications, estimates, and statements of work to implement THAAD weapon system software Identify, address, and status software risks.
- Establish test requirements and validation procedures to measure software performance, security, safety, quality, and reliability.
- Plan, define, evaluate, and monitor software contract execution.
- Perform analysis of system requirements to establish computer/software requirements and identify and perform hardware/software trade-offs.
- Prepare conceptual design of computer systems through analysis of computer hardware, interface hardware, software requirements, and network architectures as elements of total system design.
- Apply state-of-the-art software engineering methodologies to the implementation of THAAD weapon system designs.
- Provide software expertise to THAAD Materiel Release, training, and sustaining activities.
- Prepare and coordinate status briefings to MDA and program leadership.
- Participate and support systems and software technical reviews.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Engineer must possess strong interpersonal skills to coordinate with the THAAD Project Office and the prime contractor.
- Individual must coordinate a variety of software related actions both within and outside of the THAAD Project Office.
- Capability to use the Microsoft Office package to include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Familiarity with MDA Software processes and Acquisition Management procedures.
- Familiarity and/or experience within MDA/SN or MDA/TH for THAAD weapon system or AN/TPY-2 radar technical requirements and processes.
- Requires past experience with data entry, data manipulation, and reports development with databases.
- Willingness to learn new processes and procedures and discipline to follow established procedures.
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- A Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain a Secret clearance level during their employment.
A completed Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Analytical field is required and 5 years of related experience is required. (Computer Science degree preferred, but not required)
Familiarity and past experience with THAAD Weapon System and/or Missile Defense Agency.
***This opportunity is contingent upon a contract award to PeopleTec***
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.