Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Legal Internship Opportunity!
Microchip has an opportunity for a law student to work part-time in its in-house legal department as a legal intern supporting Microchip’s attorneys. This opportunity opens in the latter half of the current fall semester and will be based in Microchip’s Chandler, Arizona headquarters. The Microchip legal department provides legal advice to the company's various business units in the areas of commercial transactions, corporate law matters, software and technology licensing, intellectual property licensing and management, regulatory matters, dispute resolution, and litigation.
Potential responsibilities and opportunities for the legal intern include:
- Reviewing, revising, comparing, and summarizing contracts, such as confidentiality agreements, office leases, software licenses, consulting agreements, and purchase and sale agreements
- Reviewing and summarizing corporate documents
- Reviewing and drafting correspondence based on written or verbal instruction
- Researching legal aspects of business interests and issues
- Providing administrative support, such as coordinating execution of documents, supporting the Microchip nondisclosure agreement system, assisting with legalization/authentication of corporate documents, copying, data entry, mailing packages, data analysis
- Learning various aspects of the day-to-day in-house corporate practice
- Currently pursuing a J.D. from ABA accredited law school
- Locally available to work in the Chandler, AZ office
- Undergraduate B.S. Engineering, B.A. Business, or similar degree highly desirable
- Excellent academic credentials
- Interest in contracting process preferred (reviewing, drafting, and negotiating)
- Prior work experience preferred
- Prior experience reviewing and editing contract a plus
- Understanding of product development, manufacturing operations, and sales processes a plus
- Prior experience in the semiconductor industry or other high technology industry a plus
- Team player, flexible self-starter, and proactive problem solver who can work independently and timely seek assistance when needed
- Strong business acumen, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and sound judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, and internet) required; experience with SharePoint a plus
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.