Summer 2019 Paid Internship
Zions Bank has an opportunity for an Intern to join the Commercial Banking team in our Nampa, Idaho office. We are especially interested in candidates that have been exposed to and have a good understanding of the agriculture industry.
Our Commercial Banking Teams are comprised of Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers and Assistant Relationship Officers who work cooperatively to find, grow and monitor commercial business portfolios. Interns are exposed to and can be instrumental to:
- Obtaining, analyzing and interpreting clients’ credit worthiness
- Communicating with potential clients and existing customers to better underwrite credits.
- Consulting with Relationship Managers and Portfolio Managers in preparing customer information for credit review and loan presentations.
- Reviewing and obtaining signed loan documents that accurately represent the legal and structural considerations communicated to the client; and ensuring the loan documents are consistent with bank policies and regulations.
- Provide timely and accurate customer service resolutions while communicating with Relationship Managers.
- Being flexible and accepting various due diligence and portfolio maintenance responsibilities to enable the success of the bank.
- Working toward a Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Statistics, Agriculture or Pre-law and having an interest in loan processes and analysis.
- Have an agriculture background to understand the ag lending aspect of the position.
- Interested in and understanding deposit products and structures.
- Basic understanding of accounting, financial ratios and credit analysis.
- Ability to meet deadlines, audit documentation and solve problems.
- Self Confidence and willingness to make recommendations.
- Good communication, customer service and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word and Excel
- Attention to detail with consistent follow-through
Please include a cover letter describing your interest and background in Agriculture.