HD Biosciences Inc., a WuXi AppTec company, located in San Diego, is looking for a highly motivated biology intern to join our assay development team to support cell banking and cell panel screening project.
• Follow SOPs and perform projects for cell panel screening.
• Deep understanding of cell biology and experience in mammalian cell culture.
• Scientific creativity, critical thinking and fast learning capabilities.
• Effectively communicate with internal team colleagues and external clients to promote world-class services.
• Support in vitro scientist with cell culture, cell banking and cell panel screening project
Experience / Education
• Demonstrated strong understanding of scientific procedures with technical proficiency in molecular and cell biology
• Outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to seamlessly fit within a teamwork driven environment.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
• Need to be able to read, write and understand English
• Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
• Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Animals/biohazards / Chemicals (List specific Chemicals)
• Must not have animal allergies to applicable species in this facility
• Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
• Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
• Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
• Ability to Lift 10 lbs routinely
• Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
• Ability to push/pull 10 lbs routinely/ often / occasionally
• Clarity of Vision
• Ability to identify and distinguish colors
• Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
• Ability to climb Ladders / Stairs / Scaffolding
• Ability to work in variable temperatures high to freezing
• Inside/outside working conditions