Our Electrical Interns are responsible for performing tasks requiring the application of standard electrical engineering techniques and procedures. This includes standard design of electrical systems, assisting lead engineers with various project duties, and other duties as assigned.
Opportunities as an Electrical Intern exist in multiple market segments and locations. Specific assignments and project work vary depending on the market segments and locations. Please see below for information on each market:
Design of high voltage (13,000 to 500,000 volt) electrical substations. Areas of design include substation layout, power system analysis and control/ relay systems for a variety of clients across the country.
- Assist with tasks that may include filing, scanning, data entry, documentation, Power Point presentation.
- Assist with responses to general questions.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts by collecting and analyzing data.
- Present solutions to concerns.
- Research solutions to project concerns; analyze and recommend solutions to problems.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pursuit of Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program
- Currently enrolled, and in good standing, in a post-secondary education in a field related to the work done in the department
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship, in the country where this position is located, for the duration of the internship.