Job Title: HR Intern (Summer 2020)
Job Location: Hershey, PA
Who Are We?
A lot more than just great ingredients goes into the making of Hershey’s success. Behind our global reputation lies a history of innovation, a constant commitment to quality and leadership, and leading edge processes. Plus, something even more special - the expertise and collaboration of our people.
The Hershey Company has a great opportunity for a 3-month, paid project-based internship in the Human Resources department at our corporate headquarters located in Hershey, PA. This program is a feeder for full time opportunities in our HR organization following successful graduation from your degree program.
The ideal candidate will be results-driven and have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects. Ability to work independently is necessary for success, along with working collaboratively with all levels of the HR team and cross-functional business leaders. This is a great opportunity for a student pursuing a HR related Bachelor or Master degree to gain on-the-job experience with North America's largest manufacturer of quality chocolate and sugar confectionery products striving to be a global leader in confections and snacking.
What The Internship Will Be Like?
During the 3 months’ internship, you will lead and support several exciting projects to drive results in one of below HR area by working with dynamic and collaborative team at Hershey.
- Talent Management
- HR Analytics
- HR Business Partner
- Total Rewards
Final placement and project details will depend on candidates’ preference and actual business needs upon internship starting date. Below are some internship projects in the past to give you a taste of what your summer would be like!
- Led the creation of Functional Experience Map to support future leader career development with full dimensional exposure to multiple HR teams as well as front line business operation
- Analyzed and designed assorted practices to achieve better compensation differentiation through collaboration with multiple HR teams to optimize budget allocation and employee engagement
- Created company wide dashboard to examine readiness status of succession planning via Tableau to unlock new way to review talent pipeline leveraging the power of HR analytics
What Characteristics Do You Need To Exemplify For Success?
- Strong business acumen and result orientation, including sophisticated critical and strategic thinking, problem-solving and analytic skills
- Organized and able to handle a fast-paced work environment by dealing with ambiguity and taking initiatives to tackle challenges
- Able to work in a team environment with the ability to build stakeholder relationship
- Strong learning agility and demonstrated leadership aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Exemplify our Hershey Global Behaviors: Take Action, Own It, Champion Consumers, Create the Future, Be Real.
What Are The Criteria/Requirements For Applicants?
Graduate student completing MBA and Master’s Degree with focus in HR Management, HR analytics, IndustrialOrganizational psychology or other related disciplines
- Minimum of 2 years professional work experience preferred
- Minimum GPA in graduate program of 3.5
Undergraduate student completing Bachelor’s degree with focus in HR Management, HR Analytics, IndustrialOrganizational psychology or other related disciplines
- Minimum GPA in undergraduate program of 3.5
- HR related internship experience preferred
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans