We’re looking for a Manufacturing Intern who will be responsible for supporting our manufacturing process. You will be responsible for making process improvements to the company’s manufacturing processes for its line of products, ensuring the company continues to meet its productions goals through rapid growth periods. This role will require involvement in a multifunctional environment within Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, and Quality.
- Serve as the last line of defense in the design and development ‘Engineering to Production hand-over’ process step.
- Ensure product documentation, training, tools, equipment, and procedures are identified, defined, documented, and implemented prior to product release.
- Utilize value stream mapping techniques to identify, understand, and minimize bottlenecks within existing production processes.
- Team up with engineering in developing manufacturing processes and test equipment for our ever-growing line of products.
- Work with QA and Operations in identifying and correcting bad trends.
- Maintain and improve production output with a focus on lean manufacturing.
- Develop manufacturing methods and process improvements to reduce cost and cycle time.
- Collaborate with quality to improve yield and capacity.
- Promote sustainment by performing case studies for the various processes, procedures, and products and ensure standardization.
- Report manufacturing line status and bridge gap analysis to the operations management team.
- Must be working toward completing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical discipline
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Experience with hands-on assembly, testing, and troubleshooting
- Must have United States security clearance or the ability to obtain United States security clearance
- Prior experience in an electronics manufacturing internship
- Experience developing and implementing process improvements
- Prior internship experience in the Aerospace and/or Defense industry
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 quality management standards
- Software programming experience
Headquartered in New York City since 2007, Persistent Systems, LLC is a global communications technology company which develops, manufactures, and integrates a patented and secure Mobile Ad Hoc Networking (MANET) system: Wave Relay®. The company’s industry leading R&D team has designed wireless networking protocols to support their cutting-edge Wave Relay® system and technology. Wave Relay® is capable of running data, video, voice and other applications under the most difficult and unpredictable conditions. Their suite of products is field proven and utilized in Commercial, Military, Government, Industrial, Agriculture, Robotics, and Unmanned System markets.