Location: Hershey, PA
What is a Sales Strategy & Planning Full Time Intern?
This position works with Sales Sales Strategy & Planning managers and senior managers on developing sales strategies and plans to achieve annual sales objectives. Sales Strategy & Planning is a highly energized multifunctional team that on a daily basis collaborates with a multitude of departments within the Hershey organization (Marketing, Innovation, Supply Chain, Operations, Manufacturing, Finance and Sales to name a few) to develop winning sales plans for the Hershey sales team. This position will support Sales Strategy & Planning with activities that will include but are not limited to: project support, new item creation and estimating, national sales communications and competitive data analysis. Additionally, one day per week the position involves the implementation of marketing, sales and merchandising by working within the retail environment.
Who are we looking for?
Someone who seeks a full-time intern experience that crosses marketing, sales, retail, supply chain and finance disciplines. Collaboration, communication and drive for results are key competencies for success in this role.
Daily activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Volume Validations – Consolidation & Recommendations provided by teams planning managers
- Seasonal Point of Sale Consolidations – Consolidate planning managers & retail teams requirement
- Digital Image maintenance – New Seasons Programs uploads
- Competitive Activity information gathering
- Regular Supply Risk Communications
- New Item Early Ship Variances Coordination
- COR Documents
- Retail coverage support of mass merchandiser and food stores that utilize insights from reports created to provide solutions that will drive sales for both Hershey and the retailer
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
Successful candidates possess strong communication, critical thinking and organizational skills, as well as computer proficiency. A strong sense of work orientation, commitment to continuous improvement, initiative, and demonstrated leadership ability should result in successful job performance.
-Planning and Organizing -Valuing Diversity
-Adaptability -Motivational Fit
-Communication -Personal Leadership
-Customer Service Oriented -Teamwork
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Students from all majors (B.A., B.S.) Strong preference for Marketing and Business majors
- Before starting an Internship or Co-op, you must have completed your sophomore year with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Willing to relocate to Hershey, PA for the duration of the internship
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Reliable transportation to complete multiple sales calls per day in the Lancaster/Hershey/Harrisburg area carrying promotional display materials
Successful Interns will be considered for full time employment after completion of a college degree.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans