Berkley Technology Services (BTS) is a dynamic company committed to providing world class IT services. We offer a unique culture, enabling our team members to be on the cutting edge of technology while delivering high quality solutions. We are looking for outstanding individuals who will bring unique perspectives, insight and innovation to our teams. BTS, a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation, has facilities located in Des Moines, Iowa and Wilmington, Delaware. Our functions include working with various third parties to develop, integrate, and support insurance systems of WRBC's operating units. BTS strives to provide these functions in a holistic manner including helpdesk support, system connectivity, and operational support. Additional responsibilities include coordinating communications regarding best practices in the use of our supported systems and researching new technology. At BTS, there are opportunities associated with being a part of an established and empowering corporation while maintaining a positive personal working environment. Additionally, we provide a competitive compensation and benefits package including a casual dress code. BTS is constantly growing and expanding to meet the changing demands of one of the most successful insurance organizations in the world. If you are ready to jump start your career, BTS is the place for you. Visit us at berkley-bts.com to learn more information.
The program provides highly motivated and qualified students an opportunity to gain first-hand experience, receive valuable on-the-job training, and heighten business knowledge. Collaborate side by side with employees in a variety of positions including Software Development Engineers, Business Analysts, Business Systems Analysts, and Testing Analysts on challenging projects, interact with all levels of management and senior leaders, and gain insight into business and technology in the insurance industry.
- Design work related to BTS Bootstrap and small consulting projects.
- Completes assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Participates in applicable team meetings.
- Participates in cross-team meet and greets/job shadowing.
- Completes overall project presentation (Powerpoint) and presents to Leadership Group upon completion of internship.
- Minimal travel required.
- Graphic Design background is required.
- Participation in extracurricular and leadership activities.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Desire for a technical career in the field of Information Technology.
- Commitment to the duration of the ten week internship program.
- Registered undergraduate student pursuing a major in a business-related degree with a preferred overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Completion of junior year preferred.