|Posting Expiration Date||10/19/2018|
|Title||Internal Audit Associate|
|City||Salt Lake City|
|Description|| Classification: |
The Internal Auditor Associate provides an independent and objective assessment of internal controls, and evaluates compliance to control systems through various types of audits. Also performs data analytics, assists in audit planning, and other duties as assigned. This position is based in Salt Lake City, Utah and reports directly to the Audit Manager. Alsco Inc. is a large multinational privately held company based in Utah, see URL for background and history of company: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IATEhwXy3-A
- Perform continuous auditing projects, internal control reviews, as well as, operational, compliance and financial audits of 81 Alsco branches in the U.S. and Canada.
- Evaluate and review data analytics to perform continuous auditing work from Salt Lake City.
- Document financial and other processes at Alsco Inc. to identify controls and weaknesses in line with the “Three Lines of Defense” model.
- Assist external auditors, in year-end audits of consolidated financial statements.
- Create written reports and summaries.
- Evaluate compliance with established Company policy and procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Evaluate the reliability of financial reporting practices and the integrity of the underlying financial records.
- Recommend controls and other actions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
|Requirements|| Qualifications: |
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills in Word and Excel.
- Ability to use computer applications to review/test large volumes of data to perform continuous audit work.
- Skill in evaluating, analyzing, interpreting, reasoning and making conclusions based on the data.
- Good understanding of business processes.
- Ability to manage conflict and successfully build good relationships.
- Keep a current US Passport (entry/exit from Canada) and a valid license to drive.
- German, Portuguese, Chinese, Italian, Spanish or other language skills a plus.
- Recent Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. Graduated by August 2019.
- Up to 25% of overnight travel or one week of travel a month in North America.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Typical indoor office environment.
- Indoor and outdoor areas of a typical industrial facility.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands consist of sitting, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting, standing, walking, typing, talking, hearing and traveling.
- Physical Requirements consist of being able to perform sedentary work, light work, inspections of facilities and travel.