Providing unique services that go above and beyond to protect and support our clients in the delivery of healthcare, is who we are. We stand apart from other medical liability insurance companies by providing services that leverage data analytics to reduce risks, and though leadership articles, blogs, white papers, and educational materials to improve patient outcomes. We don’t settle for business as usual, and we strive to be leaders in the evolving healthcare market. Our core product may be trusted insurance, but we package and deliver it with so much more. If you are ready to contribute to a company that is taking its industry by storm and making a difference in healthcare, Coverys is for you.
The Internal Audit Director will be primarily responsible for the creation and oversight of the Coverys internal audit function under the guidance of the Director, Compliance & Privacy and Board of Directors’ Audit Committee. The Internal Audit Director will be responsible for creating and implementing audit, risk, and compliance programs across the organization.
The newly created Internal Audit Director role will lead the company's Internal Audit function by executing the responsibilities outlined in the Internal Audit Charter, as defined by the Audit Committee. Key responsibilities include,
- Develop and execute the company's Annual Audit Plan
- Execute related audits and procedures, including but not limited to financial, operational, compliance, and technology risks
- Advocate for risk and internal controls awareness and information security awareness
- Offer recommendations for control improvements to members of management
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Lead the Internal Audit Function
- Manage the relationship with Company’s outsourced, internal audit firm(s).
- Provide support and facilitation of third-party firms and regulatory audits, as needed.
- Collaborate with outsourced, internal audit firm(s) to develop and execute a risk-based Annual Internal Audit Plan, which includes projected Quality Assurance reviews.
- Collaborate with outsourced, internal audit firm(s)to perform formal risk assessments of the audit universe annually, and informal risk assessments continuously to support internal audit planning.
- Manage up to the Compliance Director, to include formal reporting of progress against the Audit Plan, findings, and recommendations on a regular basis.
- Advocate for risk and controls awareness throughout the organization, including remaining current on industry trends, organizational changes and related risks and appropriate actions to mitigate potential risk.
- Lead and participate in brainstorming sessions with Management around internal audit and risk management options for the company.
- Provide independent, objective assistance to Compliance Department relative to complaints filed by employees or external parties via the company's ethics hotline, including fraud investigations as necessary.
- Coordinate process documentation and testing with internal and external teams, along with communicate findings and recommendations to executive management
- Evaluate, recommend, and provide objective assurance on risk management processes designed to ultimately, improve policies, procedures and internal controls.
Education, Requirements & Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 10-12 years related experience.
- Experience in the insurance industry is required.
- Must have experience managing a company wide audit plan and conducting complex audits.
- Knowledge of financial regulations required.
- This individual must possess the skills to understand business processes, assess the control environment, implement process improvements, and champion best practices.
- Research, communication and collaboration skills will be instrumental to the success of this role.
- Successful candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, be resourceful, add value, and exhibit curiosity
- Ability to apply good judgment and logic in relating internal audit to our business.
- Must possess a strong analytical and business mindset in working through issues.
- Must remain open and flexible and listen and accept others’ points of view.
Coverys is an equal-opportunity employer. Coverys’ job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.