At Beazer, we build homes. We also build careers. Driven by a purpose to create durable and growing value, the team behind each home across the country is diverse, ambitious, and dedicated. Together, we shape an environment that encourages learning and community engagement, provides opportunities for advancement, and aligns compensation with performance.
We look for those who believe in the power of choice, teamwork, improvement, openness, and urgency; who approach their work with an attitude of focus, grit, and accountability; and who will be guided by the principles of safety, integrity, respect, and fun.
Overview: This position is primarily responsible for organizing, planning and leading multiple projects in any function, process, or business unit within the Company and performing a wide range of people management responsibilities including the supervision of other Auditors. The role is responsible for projects in all of the following areas: Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, business process reviews, strategic risk assessments, process improvement and special investigations with a goal of enhancing business practices and controls. Provides ongoing training, coaching and supervision to the Internal Audit staff and maintains organizational and professional ethical standards.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and/or assists with auditing various components of the financial statements, operations and compliance reviews
- Researches US GAAP complexities and audits company compliance to US GAAP.
- Develops and executes monitoring procedures over key financial accounts and regulatory requirements.
- Leads and/or assists with financial, operational and fraud risk assessments, business process reviews/improvements, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and special internal investigations.
- Leads and/or assists with control development and enhancements to the control environment.
- Maintains auditor independent objectivity in managing and conducting the company’s audit initiatives and activities.
- Partners with outside internal audit advisory firm to design, develop and execute the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Develops the Internal Audit team through mentoring, performance feedback and aligning team members to opportunities most suitable for their career growth.
- Partners and works with external auditors.
Education & Experience
- CPA Required
- Min of 4 yrs auditing experience including 2 years of public accounting experience
- Big 4 or tier 2 experience preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Skill in developing multiple approaches to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong knowledge of USGAAP, Sarbanes -Oxley SOX, business processes, and IIA standards
- Typical office environment
- Frequent travel to company locations and work sites is required – up to 30%
- Frequent use of computing equipment is considered an essential part of the position