The Company and the Role:
LSB Industries, Inc. manufactures and sells chemical products for the agricultural, mining, and industrial markets. The company owns and operates facilities in Cherokee, Alabama, El Dorado, Arkansas and Pryor, Oklahoma, and operates a facility within a global chemical company’s complex in Baytown, Texas. LSB’s products are sold through distributors and directly to end customers throughout the United States. LSB produces nitrogen based fertilizers (ammonium nitrate, urea ammonium nitrate and anhydrous ammonia) which are used to grow food crops, biofuel feedstock crops, pasture land for grazing livestock and forage production. We are the leading merchant marketer of nitric acid in the U.S., offering various concentrations, high-grade mixed acids, and sulfuric acid for industrial markets. Our industrial acids are used to produce a variety of products, from clothing and paper products to advanced athletic gear made from high impact polyurethane. Our nitrogen solutions are also used to reduce emissions from power plants and our EarthPure DEF® (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) is used to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions. We manufacture and sell low-density (industrial-grade) prilled ammonium nitrate, and ammonium nitrate solution, which are used to surface mine coal vital to meeting the world’s growing demand for energy and other natural resources.
What you’ll get to do:
The Audit Manager will work in conjunction with Management to design and implement the internal audit program for LSB Industries and subsidiaries. This position provides independent reviews and evaluations of the Company’s operations, information systems, controls, major business processes, records, and reporting functions and provides recommendations to LSB management for improvement. The Audit Manager will work in conjunction with Management to administer and manage the audit team, specifically for audit planning and scheduling as well as audit preparation and report quality review.
The Audit Manager will work in conjunction with Management to accomplish tasks such as:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, risk-based, financial, operational and IT systems audit plan with the goal of both maximizing Company performance and internal control, while minimizing risk. The plan reflects a thorough understanding of the Company's business and operations, as well as the changing regulatory environment and its impact on corporate governance and internal controls.
- Identify and assist in documenting existing and new operational, financial and disclosure controls, and help LSB management establish internal control monitoring functions to audit the Company’s compliance with such controls.
- Assess the employees of the internal audit department and lead the succession planning, recruitment and development of the internal audit team. Build a department that is viewed as providing superb future financial leaders for the Company.
- Create a rolling three-year audit plan for internal audit and build upon strong relationships within the organization, continuing to position the internal audit department as a valued asset to the Company. This must address emerging challenges as the Company continues to grow and mature.
- Direct the planning and execution of the Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 testing on behalf of the management of the Company. Ensure the documentation and testing program reflects a top-down, risk-based approach closely coordinated with the external auditors to minimize testing requirements while maintain effective internal controls.
- Coordinate quarterly audit committee meetings, including agenda preparation, and close follow-up items.
- Respond effectively to the audit committee’s and management's request for specific and/or special audit projects.
- Actively participate as a member of the disclosure committee.
- Help ensure that Company departments, functions and businesses are operating consistently with various laws, as well as the company's policies and procedures.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of operational audit experience in a manufacturing or related industry.
- A thorough and current knowledge of audit practices, accounting policies and SEC requirements is a must. In addition, recent application of such knowledge and practices to enterprise risk management, compliance and internal controls within a large, publicly-traded company is highly desired.
- Experience in industries analogous to the Company is desired. Examples would include working for (or closely with) companies in industrial or consumer products manufacturing and chemicals. In addition, experience with a corporation with a geographically dispersed infrastructure is desired.
- Experience in providing audit leadership and guidance, preferably as a supervisor.
- Completed audit relevant certification (CIA, CPA, CFE) or on track to complete certification.
- Solid understanding of financial data.
- Project management and operational experience outside of audit is desired.
- Flexible and the ability to work with multiple priorities and demanding deadlines.
- Willing to travel extensively (30%)
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled