The Internal Audit Manager will oversee the Internal Audit Department responsibilities for the Company. This person will work closely with the various departments of the Company to learn the various systems and the flow of data that impacts each process. (S)he will document process narratives and identify key areas to implement internal controls. (S)he will then train each control owner to perform and maintain the controls effectively. This role is also responsible for creating the internal audit plan to test controls as well as report the results to management.
- Coordinate and perform financial, operational and IT internal audits to test compliance of internal controls. This will include planning, performing risk assessments, building audit programs, performing fieldwork/testing and reporting the results to management.
- Develop risk-based audit plans utilizing data analytics tools for planning, fieldwork and reporting.
- Ability to analyze processes and controls to identify efficiency opportunities and partner with various department management to implement improvements.
- Conduct process walkthroughs to evaluate design and perform key controls testing to determine effectiveness of internal controls.
- Document detailed narratives and prepare process flow charts.
- Present and write audit reports summarizing audit results covering observations and management action plans.
- Perform regular follow up with management to monitor the adequacy and timely completion of remediation plans that address deficiencies and audit issues.
- Limited travel to store locations for inventory counts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA license
- Internal audit credentials (CIA, CISA certification) preferred
- 7+ years of related experience
- Public accounting experience
- Experience with testing of automated/IT controls a plus
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Strong oral and written communication skills to articulate key information
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Microsoft Office proficiency: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Willing to travel
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.