A large and well established nonprofit seeks an Internal Auditor under the direction of Director of Internal Audit, is responsible for performing selected audit activities; meeting with control owners to document processes; gathering, processing and analyzing data; assisting with identifying control gaps within processes; assisting with documenting findings and providing any follow up, as needed; and other duties as assigned.
- Review corporate policies and procedures according to regulatory requirements; review business processes to identify and address potential risks.
- Investigate and identify key controls or control gaps within established processes and procedures.
- Ensure collected data is accurate and reliable.
- Assist Director of Internal Audit to prepare complex audit reports of findings/recommendations that enhance business practices, efficiencies, processes, and controls, and/or reduce organizational risks.
- Sort and analyze current data, and assist in testing processes.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to enhance business practices, efficiencies, processes, and controls, and to reduce risks.
- Build positive working relationships within all divisions and across all levels of the organization.
- Work directly with process owners to monitor the progress of remediation issues, and report if any follow up is required directly to the Director of Internal Audit.
- Actively participate in internal and external meeting, trainings, and committees to increase own knowledge and to disseminate information as needed.
- Participate in project opening meetings, project status meeting, and project closing meetings to communicate with various stakeholders on audit and compliance activities.
- Utilize innovative ideas and tools to enhance operational effectiveness.
- Remain informed and up-to-date on current agency, state, and federal compliance regulations.
- Assist with compliance reviews and investigations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent degree preferred. 2 years minimum experience in internal controls, audit, fraud investigation, or compliance field required.
- Intermediate Excel, Word, and Power Point. Ability to learn and use various computer software programs.
- Strong and effective written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to interface with others effectively and openly.
- Organized, detail oriented and strives to produce quality work.
- Ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations, and drive results.
- Self-motivated and able to successfully complete projects on time working both independently and within a team.