Tired of working countless hours and traveling many miles for little reward and recognition? This is for you.
American National is seeking an experienced Internal Auditor for any of our corporate locations (Galveston, TX, Springfield, MO, Glenmont, NY). Under the direction of a supervisor, this role will execute financial and operational audits of corporate business units, and work with external auditors or audits that evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls. This position may assist with the planning and organizing of audits and is responsible for completing audit work program steps as assigned.
- Understand and document key processes and internal controls.
- Conduct a risk assessment based on corporate goals and strategy, develop and execute a risk-based audit program.
- Perform analytical, transactional, and controls testing.
- Formulate and document initial observations and conclusions of management's internal control based on audit procedures.
- Support the annual financial statement audit and the annual audit of internal control over financial reporting by completing transaction and/or control test work on behalf of the external auditor.
- Conducts interviews with all levels of auditees up to middle management and review policies and procedures with the purpose of gaining an understanding of business processes and internal controls.
- Assist with supervising the work of others on audits, training others, or verifying accuracy of work as needed.
- Utilize numerous systems, including audit software, accounting software, billing systems, policy administration systems, imaging systems, claim systems, and standard Microsoft products to effectively complete audits.
- Two years of auditing or controls testing experience (public accounting firm or insurance company experience preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Working towards CPA or CIA preferred.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize data, policies, and procedures to effectively perform audit work.
- Ability to use independent judgment for audit planning and audit execution.
- Ability to make recommendations to their supervisor for matters to be included in audit reports or control deficiency analyses.
- Tech-savvy, with ability to learn new systems as needed.
- Effectively communicates (written and oral) with auditees, management, peers, and external auditors.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and promotes the company culture.
- The incumbent must be able to convey a professional image, work independently or in a team environment, and have good communication skills.
- Minimal travel (<5%), which may include overnight prescheduled stays at subsidiary locations or trainings.
Who we are.
American National is a successful and stable corporation guided by five core values: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork. We are among America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies according to Forbes. We’ve spent the last 110+ years earning this reputation and we work each day to expand this legacy. We know we’re not just selling insurance, we’re providing security and peace of mind to our 5 million policyholders.
The growth, innovation and success of American National are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering exceptional service to our clients. Success begins and ends with our people. Their loyalty and dedication to American National is why we’re successful.
If you share our values and can contribute to our mission of providing the highest quality service to our clients, we want to hear from you!
Why join us?
We know that our employees’ lives encompass much more than the time they spend at work. To help them maintain a healthy work/life balance, we’ve compiled a generous benefits package, includin medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses.
We’ve also incorporated unique benefits like our volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a non-profit of their choice. Healthy employees are productive employees so we also have a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
The preceding job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
American National’s recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates always have the ability to determine their application status by logging into our Career Portal.
Love's, Loves, Love's Travel Shops, Loves Travel Shops, Love's Travel Shops & Country Stores