Primary Location: United States (US)- Iowa - Johnston
Function: Accounting / Finance
Title: Internal Auditor- 69547
This position is currently eligible for a remote work arrangement at the present time. The arrangement may be contingent on training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As an Internal Auditor for John Deere Financial (JDF) headquartered in Johnston, IA, you will participate in and facilitate internal audits of JDF locations globally and report conclusions to management about the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and standards. In addition, you will:
- Create comments with recommendations related to the audit for management that will provide operational efficiencies.
- Conduct audit testing of assigned areas and identifies deficiencies for further investigation ensuring deliverables are completed according to the established schedule and required standards.
- Assist in report preparation and formulation of recommendations designed to improve controls and/or methods of operation.
- Assist in the presentation of audit findings, recommendations, and corrective action plans to Management.
- Assist in performing financial and specialty audits, advisory reviews, and annual control testing to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Proactively participate in department initiatives to drive improvements and innovation within Internal Audit.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 2 or more years of audit experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP and auditing standards and requirements
- Experience building interpersonal relationships with business partners and manage difficult conversations
- Experience with the integrated systems of internal control and the relationship to disclosure/financial reporting
- Demonstrated experience analyzing financial data
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt easily to shifting priorities and act confidently in challenging situations
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience and compatibility with a team-centric environment
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% (A valid passport or the ability to obtain a valid passport)
***Due to COVID-19, travel is currently suspended and requirements for travel will likely decrease
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- CPA, CIA, MBA, or other relevant designation
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.