Our vision is to be the best provider of building products in the eyes of our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and communities.
At Masonite, we understand that people are key. We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another.
We hire people that demonstrate integrity under pressure. Integrity is at the foundation of everything we do. It is in each door we make, in our commitment delivery and in our honest and sincere communication.
Our employees are flexible, versatile and resilient. Our ability to weather any storm, to bend without breaking, is what allows us to hear the knock and open the door with confidence, no matter what's on the other side.
At Masonite, we hold the door open for each other and for new ideas. We want everyone to freely contribute ideas and add value, so we are positive and encouraging. This collaborative environment is what makes Masonite a transparent, fair company- one that doesn't hide behind closed doors.
We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers' experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Internal Audit, the Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for conducting internal audits and investigations to ensure operational and governance goals are met. The Senior Internal Auditor will assist evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of the Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs investigations as part of on-going fraud prevention program and assists or leads extensive data mining initiatives.
- Analyzes records, reports, transactions and other supporting documentation, summarizing deviations, as required.
- Evaluates accounting operations to ensure proper recording of transactions.
- Reviews financial results by analyzing financial statements, reports, performance ratios, and trend techniques to isolate potential accounting problems.
- Performs internal audits to ensure that internal controls are adequate and that policies and procedures are being adhered to throughout the company. Makes recommendations to improve internal controls as needed.
- Conducts examinations and detailed internal control reviews on SOX to assist with performing annual testing, and coordinating with external auditors.
- CPA required.
- Proficiency with data analysis techniques (e.g., pivot tables, v-lookups, moderate to complex formulas)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree required. A minimum of 2 years of auditing experience required (with 3 years preferred). Exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley testing desired. Familiarity with manufacturing would be seen as a positive.
- Up to 15% travel