At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Internal Communications Content Specialist will be responsible for managing the entire editorial process for Delta Dental’s internal content, including ideation, drafting, distribution, promotion, and measurement. This is a highly visible role, and one that will enable you to make a real impact on the employee experience at Delta Dental.
How you will make an impact:
- Manages entire editorial process for Delta Dental’s internal content, including ideation, drafting, distribution, promotion, and measurement.
- Writes and develops internal storytelling content that reinforces our values and strategy in action, and demonstrates how Delta Dental takes exceptional care of its customers, providers and each other.
- Creates and publishes content across a variety of mediums and formats (intranet, digital signage, email newsletters, infographics and more).
- Develops and maintains an editorial calendar.
- Builds relationships with key internal business partners and executives to identify and leverage trends and topics that should be shared with our employees.
- Develops interesting, creative, and engaging stories that expresses the human side of why what we do matters.
- Partners closely with Brand + Creative to develop visuals to be used across channels.
- Develops and implements processes and guidelines for content development and management.
- Manages multiple projects and deadlines.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in communication.
- Ability to work out of our San Francisco office daily, with an approximate return-to-office date of Spring 2021.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple and competing projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write with a human voice, without jargon or "corporate speak.”
- Demonstrated executive communications and content creation experience with- and for- the C-suite.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance.
- 100% paid vision insurance.
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive.
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills.
- Career growth: we love promoting from within!
- Strong commitment to work/life balance.
- Technology allowance.
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities.
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance