Internal Communications Digital Community Manager
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
Become part of our Internal Communications team and drive dynamic, integrated communications that inform, engage and inspire 98,000 associates worldwide while transforming an iconic, 117-year-old American brand.
As a Digital Community Manager, you will implement, manage and optimize a compelling associate digital community platform to help drive JCPenney’s transformation. This manager-level position will roll out a new enterprise-wide digital platform, and source, create and amplify content across multiple internal platforms, with a primary focus on internal social media. This position will be essential to sharing relevant business information and showcasing the Warrior spirit of our 98,000 associates within the U.S. and around the globe. This is a great opportunity for a skilled and highly motivated individual who is an organized team player who can effectively balance multiple projects and has a keen eye for detail.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for an all-new associate digital community platform
- Spearhead the creation, quality control and execution of various content within the community platform, including text, photos, videos, live streams and events
- Compose intranet homepage stories with business or human-interest angles
- Distribute e-blasts to targeted associate groups on a variety of subjects
- Manage and balance different areas of responsibility spanning various aspects of the business
- Build and actively foster relationships with business partners to stay abreast of company news, attending weekly or bi-weekly meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, media studies, corporate communications, public relations, journalism or related discipline
- 5-7 years of experience working in internal communications or public relations – either agency and/or corporate department. Prior experience in retail or a consumer-focused industry a plus
- Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to form relationships and work cross-functionally within a large and highly matrixed organization.
- Self-sufficient, with the ability to act independently in complex or challenging situations
- Strong, proven writing skills, utilizing AP style grammar
- Experience rolling out and/or managing internal social media communities and platforms
- Possesses clear ability to manage multiple projects at once while demonstrating exceptional composure and flexibility under tight deadlines
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, documentation and accuracy.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office and Office 365 applications
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney headquarters locations, as well as stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include a health clinic, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
JCPenney, one of the nation’s largest apparel and home retailers, combines an expansive footprint of over 860 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico with a powerful e-commerce site, jcp.com, to deliver style and value for all hard-working American families. At every touchpoint, customers will discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization