At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Internal Communications Manager will help to establish the internal communications function by transforming the organization from the inside out. This position is responsible for developing and executing internal and executive communications and employee engagement strategies to inform, engage and inspire our community of employees.
How you will make an impact:
- Develops internal communications, change management, employee engagement and executive visibility plans to deliver on business objectives.
- Works closely with our executive team, providing strategic communications counsel and coaching.
- Proactively identifies new opportunities and develops new programs to continually up level our executive communications.
- Partners closely with cross-functional business units (e.g., People, Growth, Operations, Technology, Legal, Finance) to develop targeted strategic communications programs to reach and engage their teams.
- Develops innovative and measurable solutions to business challenges.
- Develops key messages, all-employee communications, executive presentations, digital content and internal storytelling content.
What we look for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, organizational effectiveness, journalism or equivalent education, training or experience is required.
- A minimum of eight years of related experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of recent industry best and emerging practices, including digital and social platforms to engage employees.
- Ability to fluidly navigate between strategy and execution (can develop high-level strategic plans and also produce crisp, clear communications).
- Proven success building and implementing communication strategies for executives.
- Excellent project and time management skills and multitasking abilities.
- Confirmed capability to work autonomously and exercise good judgment in fast-paced, dynamic environments, as well as the ability to escalate appropriately.
- The ability to derive clarity out of ambiguous situations.
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development