Internal Communications Senior Specialist
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
Become part of our Internal Communications team and drive dynamic, integrated communications that inform, engage and inspire 98,000 associates worldwide while transforming an iconic, 117-year-old American brand.
As an Internal Communications senior specialist, you will partner with other communication, creative and business professionals to implement communication programs that bring our company and culture to life. You will create plans, develop and deliver content, and measure effectiveness to maximize the value of communication strategies, messages and vehicles. This role supports both business and functional areas, and will help manage digital communication tools. As a senior specialist, you will be at the forefront of fostering engagement and delivering creative content that connects associates across the world to our mission, values, culture and strategies.
- Create and deliver multimedia communication plans in partnership with primary clients.
- Work closely with subject matter experts in business (i.e., Merchandising) and functional areas (i.e., HR) to inform, engage and align associates on the most relevant strategies, policies and news
- Develop and maintain collaborative, inter-departmental relationships with primary clients, as well as with field, creative, production and external communication teams.
- Manage editorial, production and processes for omHenterprise-wide tools, including intranet and digital signage.
- Write, edit and distribute content for other clients and communication vehicles as needed.
- Work with leaders to align work with Company’s strategy, brand standards and editorial practices.
- Quickly recognize communication opportunities and effectively address those opportunities.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing or related field.
- 3-5 or more years’ experience in an agency, corporate or media setting developing content for varied audiences.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including proficiency in AP Style.
- Strong verbal communication and relationship-building skills, with ability to work cross-functionally.
- Understanding of writing for different audiences, purposes and formats, ranging from social media and web to print, email and operational/technical writing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, documentation and accuracy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Office 365 applications.
- Knowledge of the following applications a plus: Keynote, Adobe (InDesign, Photoshop) HTML, SharePoint.
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney headquarters locations, as well as stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include a health clinic, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
JCPenney, one of the nation’s largest apparel and home retailers, combines an expansive footprint of over 860 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico with a powerful e-commerce site, jcp.com, to deliver style and value for all hard-working American families. At every touchpoint, customers will discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization.