The Strategy & Innovation team works like an internal consulting group partnering closely with corporate, business unit and functional leadership to solve business challenges and inform decision-making in the most critical, high impact areas of the business – from corporate/business unit strategy to digital roadmap to operational and organizational effectiveness to business process redesign.
In this high impact, highly visible role, you will help shape ABM’s vision and short- and long-term strategy & innovation agenda; and help translate both into clear direction for the business units and functions. This position presents a unique opportunity to play a key role in supporting ABM’s most transformative projects.
The Internal Consultant reports to ABM’s SVP, Strategy & Innovation and presents a unique opportunity to work in close proximity to senior ABM leadership.
- Provide strategic analysis and insights to drive the strategic planning process and the evolution of a short- and long-term strategic plan.
- You will quickly assess the state of the business, learn the key economic drivers with solid analytical capabilities, and support the SVP to formulate a compelling strategic plan working alongside functions and business units.
- Support high priority, high impact strategic, digital/innovation, operational and organizational projects.
- You will support specific projects including structuring the questions to address, organizing the work, managing resources, conducting analyses, synthesizing findings, and developing recommendations.
- Develop deep customer, industry, market and competitive insights.
- You will conduct ongoing assessments of the industry and competitive landscape; identify key trends impacting the business; and characterize associated opportunities for growth and/or risks.
- Establishing relationships and interfacing with cross-functional/business unit teams to achieve goals and desired outcomes.
- You will work closely with functional and business unit leadership – and, importantly, field-level operators – to ensure all initiatives deliver practical, pragmatic and fully operational actions.
- Contributing to the development/coordination of presentations, communications, planning materials and other strategy-related documents that are both internally and externally impacting.
- You will utilize key capabilities in both written and verbal communication to convey various aspects of each initiative.
Education, Required Skills & Competencies
- MBA preferred. Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated academic excellence, ideally in a discipline such as business, economics, engineering, marketing, or mathematics required.
- 2-5+ years of experience with a strategy/management consulting firm, strategic planning/corporate strategy group, investment banking or private equity/venture capital firm.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills required.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with an intellectual curiosity and teamwork capabilities.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Able to work autonomously and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Accountability to take full ownership for everything you do.
- Focused on delivering high quality and timely deliverables with a positive approach towards the work.
- Hunger for continuous improvement and a desire to be challenged.
- Collaborative, work well within a small, high-performing team.
- Travel required 10-25% (depending on location).
Washington, DC 20001 US