Beaumont Health seeking a candidate to lead an established to lead an Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Program and be accountable for its accreditation and operation. Will be provided dedicated time for leadership and administration of the program which has 4 Residents per year. The Program Director is responsible for leading the Residency Program, including all functions related to the educational program and learning environment, teaching staff and other program personnel, program administration, and meeting all accreditation requirements.
- Design, conduct & administer an Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Program consistent with ACGME and all program specific requirements along with the needs of the community, the mission of Beaumont Health and the mission of the program.
- Lead and participate in program committees, including leading the effort to recruit and select residents.
- Demonstrate scholarship as required for program accreditation.
- Encourage and support residents in scholarly and quality improvement activities, develop and implement program work hours and moonlighting policies, procedures, and monitoring.
- Annually evaluate faculty performance as it relates to the GME program.
- Ensure compliance with all Beaumont GME policies; develop and implement required program policies.
- Provide meaningful participation within the affiliated School of Medicine including, but not limited to, teaching and committee service as assigned.
Beaumont Health is centered in beautiful Oakland County, Michigan. The area is well known for its top-rated schools and neighborhoods, diverse communities, and extensive cultural and recreational opportunities.
- American Board of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a persuasive communicator who is empathetic and a respectful listener who can create an atmosphere that allows individuals to flourish within the context of the department.
- Three Years of documented educational and/or administrative experience
- Foster team work (relationship management, build teams)