UCLA Health is seeking a Full Time Internal Medicine physician to join the Extensivist Team in Westwood and Santa Monica, CA.
The UCLA General Internal Medicine division is currently looking for motivated and passionate Internal Medicine physicians to join our growing primary care division as an Extensivist Physician. In the extensivist practice, a team of outstanding internal medicine academic clinicians serves a diverse population of patients with medically complex diseases, providing care in the outpatient clinic as well as providing consultations in the hospital.
Extensivists also provide hospital consultations for a limited number of panel patients in the hospital. All faculty positions are outpatient based, and teaching of medical students or residents is required. Applicants should have demonstrated skill in teaching, an interest in quality improvement, and most importantly a commitment to providing excellent, evidence-based primary care in an academic setting.
Extensivists will see patients from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm mainly in the outpatient setting, but also with time dedicated for inpatient consultations, chronic care management, and teaching. Extensivists will have an opportunity for career development and mentorship, with opportunities in primary care innovation, medical education, and quality improvement.
- We offer an excellent salary, benefits, and incentive program.
- Work with a dynamic interdisciplinary team comprised of Extensivist physicians, care coordinators, social workers, nurses, pharmacists, and patient service representatives.
- Deliver patient-centered care for a small panel of complex patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Have an opportunity for career development and mentorship in primary care innovation, medical education, and quality improvement.
- Connect with patients while you build your career at one of the country’s top health care systems.
- Use your skills and experience as a Board Certified Physician to make it possible for UCLA Health to continue providing leading-edge patient care.
- Work with Epic Systems.
- Interact with leading academic faculty, fellows, and residents at the David Geffen School of Medicine.
- UCLA Health is an integrated health system with a certified patient-centered medical home model.
- Board certified or board eligible
- California licensed or license-eligible