BMI Federal Credit Union (consistently ranked as a BEST EMPLOYER in Ohio) is seeking a knowledgeable, detail-oriented Internal Monitor (Compliance Specialist) to join our Compliance team with proven experience control reviews and monitoring; demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; and a strong desire to support our mission, vision, and values.
We offer competitive pay, an excellent benefits package, work/life balance, a wellness program, professional development opportunities, the option to wear jeans every Friday, and more. Please visit the Careers section of our website at www.bmifcu.org for more information.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide support to the Compliance Manager in order to ensure compliance of Credit Union policies and procedures with all related laws and regulations applicable to the Credit Union. Provide monitoring of Credit Union banking activities as they relate to following procedures set in place. Assist the Compliance Manager in creating reportable and trackable fields regarding procedural defects through the monitoring of operational activities. Effectively collaborate with all Credit Union departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform monthly quality control review of all loan applications, documentation, approval and denials
- Conduct weekly monitoring of member interactions with Contact Center employees and Collection employees
- Conduct monthly monitoring of Member interactions with Member Service Representatives and Loan Officers
- Conduct monthly monitoring of imaged documentation
- Conduct monthly analysis of records and documents for retention and/or destruction based on the Record Retention Policy and Schedule
- With the assistance of the Compliance Manager handle all document request and subsequent billing for subpoena requests
- Aid the Compliance Manager in establishing reports showing activities and findings from monitoring
- Maintain the quality control tracking application and perform regular record keeping
- Act as back-up to the Fraud Analyst
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates degree or higher in business, criminal justice, or a related field required
- 1-3 years of experience in the financial industry required; a viable combination of experience and education will be considered
- The ability to obtain Credit Union-specific compliance certification
- Working knowledge of the compliance risks associated with a financial institution as well as experience working with compliance programs
- Ability to learn Credit Union policies, procedures, products and services
- Working knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations related to consumer banking
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels across the organization
- Skills in effective professional oral and written communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to perform mathematical functions and computations
- Skills in analyzing, interpreting and preparing statistical data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, general computer programs and general office equipment
- Advanced research and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to receive and maintain confidential information
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation: 1) Sit, walk, stand, use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment; 2) Reach with hands and arms; 3) Talk and hear; 4) See and be able to read, write, and interpret text, and spreadsheets.