Handles all aspects of International export and import as well as assisting with domestic functions as needed. Join our team and be involved in all aspects of customer service and operations associated with the movement of freight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform all aspects of customer service and carrier relations (negotiating rates & services and securing spot quotes with carriers to increase profits and reduce customer costs) through direct communication with customers and agents, and maintaining a professional image and insuring quality service. This includes communication and coordination with foreign agents utilizing both verbal and written communications.
- Manage relationship with vendors and carriers to maintain a quality level of service.
- Able to set and meet deadlines per internal and external customer expectations.
- Knowledge of export routing and documentation and AES filing.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance for Import and Export.
- Identify and analyze customer requirements and ensure internal processes meet or exceed these.
- Daily coordinating movement of freight, including determining routing to meet customers economic and time requirements.
- Process shipment documents, including filing of paperwork.
- Analyze current market to ensure competitive rates and profitability and quote shipping rates to customers.
- Ensure invoicing of customers is accurate to quoted and contractual obligations, and approve invoices for payment and submit to the general office for payment.
- Able to effectively and promptly respond to heavy email volume
- Occasional overtime depending on the workload
- Possible on-call scheduled for weekend
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
Educations and/or Experience
High school education or equivalent and 3 years progressive work experience in International operations, or a four-year degree plus 1 year International freight operations experience. Business or industry degree preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as tariffs, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Able to work with customers and vendors to come up with solutions that meet company expectations.
Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
Good organizations skills.
Primarily works with computer and phone but, occasionally may need to work in and around warehouse. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.