Internet Technical Support Specialist
A Internet Technical Support Specialist job at Smartcom Telephone, LLC in McAllen, TX. As a qualified candidate you will be responsible for resolving customer concerns in networking protocols. You will work with customers through inbound calls, chat, and email. Also, you will have knowledge of switching, routing of data and basic operation of telecom systems.
Job responsibilities include:
- In addition to technical experience, must have good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, self-motivated, detail-oriented and well organized.
- Provide support to consumers, small/medium size businesses, local Gov’t and K-12.
- Support customer and partner inquires via inbound phone, chat and email
- Create and maintain case management records of daily problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- At least one year of experience or equivalent education supporting networking protocols, hardware and software.
- General knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi, WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, UDP and how they function in a network environment.
- Knowledge of major Operating Systems, Windows Server 2008-2016, Windows 7/10, Mac OS/X.
- Experience with VoIP, VPN, IPSEC, PPTP and networking hardware and software issues a plus.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree a plus
- English: Intermediate
- Spanish: Intermediate