|he selected applicant, under limited supervision, reports to the SC DOR Area Manager and serves as technical specialist on complex projects involving Internet and server technologies; analyzes project requirements and recommends techniques, tools and methodologies to achieve project goals.|
The chosen applicant will support, and enhance as required, legacy software systems until a recently acquired COTS Tax Processing system has been fully implemented and the need for said Legacy systems no longer are required to fulfill Agency and State taxation and legislative compliance requirements.
In depth knowledge of computer software, and development life cycle processes are necessary. Expert knowledge in analysis, design, testing, debugging, and maintenance techniques are essential. Knowledge and experience utilizing Microsoft products, especially those such as COM+, Classic ASP, VB 6.0, XML, HTML, client-scripting languages, .NET, WCF, as well as the latest MS RDMS tools and techniques, including the latest generation of Window Server OS are vital.
Added requirements would include a familiarity of ACH, PCI, FTI PUB1075, and NIST standards. Working experience in these above areas would be an added benefit to the hiring manager and functional team.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves as technical specialist on complex projects involving Internet and server technologies. Analyzes project requirements and recommends techniques, tools and methodologies to achieve project goals.
2. Designs objects, modules and components to meet business requirements. The Development environment includes the use of Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 with COM+ and .Net Framework with C# as primary development languages, SQL Server 2016/2014 databases and web services (SOAP and XML), and WCF technologies.
3. Prepares functional specification documents, workflow models, class diagrams, interaction diagrams, component diagrams, deployment diagrams and other systems documentation. Also participates in the design of file layouts and database structures, as well as hardware and software configurations to support Internet applications. Utilizes System Development Life Cycle tool set to automate design and development activities.
4. Programs, tests and debugs especially complex Internet-based applications and documents actions.
5. Reviews Internet-based systems for systems enhancement and efficiency of machine and software resource utilization; assists users in resolving problems.
6. Consults with technical support, network administration and database administration areas to ensure coherent total design of the system and to resolve any technology issues.
7. Trains less experienced staff members in procedures, practices and standards necessary for the development of Internet-based application systems; job enrichment training and exposure to challenging work situations.
8. Prepares progress reports and keeps management and users informed.
These duties are complex and require, at the minimum, a Bachelor of Science in Computers or Mathematics or in Computer Science, and/or directly related field, or the equivalent.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• .Net Framework (ASP.net)
• .Net Framework 3.5/4.5+
• Visual Studio
• Application level security
• Organizational Skills
• Verbal Communication Skills
• Written Communication Skills
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience with business and software requirements; ACH, PCI, PUB1075, and NIST standards
• Experience in government Tax Processing IT projects
• Software development utilizing complex MS technologies
• Analyzes user needs and software design requirements
• Participates in the preparation of needs assessments
• Demonstrated knowledge/skills of the IT industry, which includes multi-tiered architectures, enterprise applications, evaluation of emerging technologies, networks, database management systems and hardware systems.
• Ability to deal effectively with the needs of technical peers, technical and user management, users, vendors, and staff members, and to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form
• Customer Focused
• Knowledge of information technology field, best practices, organization and operations
• Trains new employees and junior developers, serves as a technical consultant
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, information systems, management information system or business administration and seven (7) years of experience in highly complex object oriented web services information system design, development, installation, support; or a High School diploma and twelve (12) years' experience in items noted above
Industry Certifications in field.
MAX BILL RATE:
$78.01 - $104.01 ($98 MAX DESIRED)