Our Chicago-based Associate Hotel Account Manager Intern will play a key role on Expedia Group's Partner Group’s National Hotel Team by ensuring hotels in primary and secondary markets are maximizing their opportunities through rate and inventory strategies.
Our Internship Program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your consulting and communication skills as you work with some of the world’s leading global and local hotel partners.
Expedia Group offers you the intersection of travel, online and technology. As a Associate Hotel Account Manager Intern, you will play a critical role in making our travelers dream holidays come true. Ensuring that Expedia’s hotel product is competitive, attractive, and meaningful for Expedia’s fast-growing global customer base.
Relocation Assistance: No
What You'll Do:
- Deliver room night and inventory health goals through active management of inventory and rates. Work with hotels to obtain inventory and strategically competitive rates in your assigned markets. Increase inventory levels through acquisition and maintain inventory quality through on-going account management
- Analyze inventory levels and develop strategies and tactics to maximize our sales opportunities for short window unsold rooms. Exceed set revenue, room night and other business targets
- Deliver performance analyses to partners at the property level to facilitate solutions that support their long-term strategic goals
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels and improve inventory quality within assigned markets
- Work with internal teams and/or independently develop promotional emails and materials to be sent out to Hotel partners on a regular basis
- Manage and audit data integrity on accounts and static hotel data, and regularly update the proper systems accordingly
- Consistently provide first class supplier relations to partner hotels
Who You are:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year university, pursuing a bachelors degree in Hospitality; Business or other related field
- Graduating in Fall 2020 (Dec. 2020) or Spring 2021 (May/June 2021)
- Able to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Fearless salesperson with the strong ability to influence and motivate desired behaviors
- Analytical thinker and creative problem solver
- Familiarity with revenue management principles and hotel industry a plus
Your internship will include:
- Dedicated support from your manager and mentor for the summer
- Social, community and learning events
- Hotel discounts
You’ve Applied, Now What?
We will review your application and if you are considered a fit, we will invite you to take an online assessment. Those who pass the assessment will be invited for a final interview.
Intern Program Dates: To ensure a consistent experience, we offer two different start dates. These dates accommodate varying school’s schedules.
- Group 1: May 26 – August 14
- Group 2: June 15 – September 4
Why Join Us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.