Internship- Hospitality in Healthcare (Westchester)
Job Number: 002X8V
Our Office of Patient & Customer Experience (OPCE) is living proof that you don’t have to work at the bedside to show patients you’re on their side. Our very special group of professionals works to deliver the best experience possible to everyone who walks through our doors.
The Hospitality in Healthcare Summer Internship is a paid internship and will focus on a non-clinical and holistic approach to enhancing the patient and customer experience. This program will be designed to expose students to various areas that can impact the experience of our patients and families.
After a comprehensive orientation to our organization, culture, values, and mission – you will explore how non-clinical hospitality-based interventions can drive meaningful outcomes. Through the guidance of your carefully selected mentor, you will take part in the following:
- Exposure to high impact, hospitality-based patient areas (i.e. Patient & Family Centered Care, Environmental Services, Food & Nutrition, Concierge, Chaplaincy, Security, etc.)
- Hands-on implementation of dedicated capstone projects
- Networking with fellow program interns and executive leadership
- Team building activities and site tours
- Concluding Summer Internship Showcase presentation to key leadership and stakeholders
- And much more…
- Must be a Junior or Senior college student
- Hospitality, Psychology, Healthcare Administration, or related college major preferred
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
Deadline: Resumes must be electronically submitted by 11:59pm EST on January 31st, 2020.
Finance Job Family: CLE_AD
Job: General Clerical/Secretarial
Primary Location: Nassau County-New Hyde Park-2000 Marcus Avenue
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Job Level: Entry Level