At Kao, we lead the beauty industry with distinctive brands and a history of innovation. We are seeking an innovative, entrepreneurial professional with fresh ideas to support Kao USA’s internal controls testing. The individual will work with the internal audit team to understand the business processes, identify inherent risks, and assess internal controls over financial reporting. If you’ve got what it takes to be part of our fast-paced, growing organization, consider an internship at Kao.
- Collaborate with process owners to understand business processes, including the inherent risks and the internal controls to mitigate them.
- Execute internal controls testing, including but not limited to, developing requests for information, performing testing, and communicating potential audit findings to the Internal Audit team.
- Facilitate requests from the external auditor, as needed.
- Participate in weekly meetings to provide status updates for internal controls testing and other assigned work to the Internal Audit team.
- Develop a basic understanding of SAP.
- Assist with the preparation and/or execution of other financial or operational audits, as needed.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Sophomore or Junior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Management Information Systems
- Summer Internship Only
- Prior internship/co-op experience is recommended, but not required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good listening skills, maintains a sense of urgency to complete tasks, organizational skills, and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must demonstrate professionalism and ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Should have an outgoing, inquisitive personality and a willingness to pursue full understanding of the topics being discussed
- Must be able to work a minimum of 32 hours per week
- This position may require remote work