Allie Middle School
Primary Purpose:Provide interpreting services for hearing impaired students in a variety of educational settings.
- High school diploma or GED
- Certification through RID or the Texas DARS Office for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services (DHHS).
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to interpret in an educational setting
- Knowledge of interpreter role and Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Code of Professional Conduct
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work with hearing impaired students
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively to groups
- Bilingual preferred
- Some experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Interpret in educational settings including classrooms, co-curricular activities, school-related programs and meetings, conferences, staff development, and other situations.
Attend and interpret Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee meetings as needed.
Tutor hearing impaired students under the direction of classroom teacher.
Help maintain administrative records and prepare required reports.
Help manage student behavior. This includes intervening in crisis situations.
Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each student’s communication needs.
Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of assigned students.
Participate in professional development programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
$34,737 certied advance
Salary will be based on relevant work experience