psi is looking for Intervention Specialists to work in an elementary schools in the CLEVELAND EASTSIDE SUBURBS areas. This position would provide services to grades k-8 and would be Full Time.
psi is dedicated to providing high-quality services to help students improve their grades, attitudes, health and behavior. PSI employees work in their assigned school for the entire year, allowing them to partner with interdisciplinary staff as well as students to meet the individual needs of each student. Employees provide innovative resources within the fields of education, psychology, speech/language pathology, school health, prevention, and tutoring.
Come see why our employees recognize psi as a Top Workplace for the last 4 years!
- Manageable caseloads at or below state guidelines
- Work/Life balance with Flexible work schedules
- Multi-disciplinary approach to learning
- Paid Time Off
- Health, prescription and 401 benefits
- Professional development opportunities including expense reimbursement and Paid PD time.
- Robust discount vendor program
- Collaborate with other staff members and parents/guardians in order to create and implement Individualized Educational Programs (IEPs), Service Plans (SPs) and/or other intervention programs.
- Provide accommodations, modifications and interventions to students identified as having a disability and qualifying for special education.
- Collaborate with general education teachers to develop specialized instruction that maximizes students’ access to the general education content standards.
- Provide specialized instruction to students with special needs in one-on-one, small-group, or inclusion settings in accordance with IEPs and/or SPs.
- Support the achievement of unidentified students by providing interventions as requested by other school staff with parent permission.
- Complete written IEP and/or ISP progress reports at least as frequently as general education progress reports are written (minimum of once quarterly).
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Current ODE license as an Intervention Specialist required
- Experience teaching in special education preffered
- Well-versed in state and federal special education law
- Experience with ETRs and IATs as well as writing IEPs and/or ISPs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with students, parents, and other staff members.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and use sound judgment in all aspects of the job
If hired, candidate must complete a BCI/FBI Background check and be in compliance with Ohio Administrative Code Rule 3301-20-01.
PSI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the philosophy, intent and commitment of PSI to adhere to a policy of equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or mental or physical disability or any other status protected by law.