Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is currently recruiting for multiple IR Technologists to support the Memphis VA Medical Center located at 1030 Jefferson Ave, Memphis, TN 38104. Monday-Friday day shifts with generous compensation packages are available. On-call service may be required.
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Federal customers with solutions in many arenas. Our customers face wide-ranging challenges in the fields of national security, health care, and information technology. To address these challenges, we employ intelligent and committed staff who take care of our customers’ success as if it is their own.
- Performs peripheral and visceral angiography of the abdominal systems and extremities i.e. renal, hepatic, mesenteric, aortic, femoral, etc. The exams involve the use of highly sophisticated x-ray equipment such as IR fluoroscopy, pressure injectors, biplane imaging, patient monitors, etc. Such procedures may be performed in the operating room in lieu of the interventional radiology suite. The purpose of these exams are to achieve diagnostic or therapeutic studies of the vascular systems.
- Performs angiography, venograms, myelograms, percutaneous nephrostomy, tumor ablation, vertebraplasty, pain management procedures and other special/interventional procedures. Also, performs vascular procedures in the OR, operate C-Arm , portables, CR, DR radiography, portables and various diagnostic procedures.
- Performs myelography of the complete spine utilizing conventional x-ray units, patient immobilizers, etc., when required. The purpose of these exams is to achieve diagnostic studies of the spinal canal.
- Performs neuroangiography, including spine, head and neck studies utilizing highly sophisticated x-ray equipment such as computerized fluoroscopy, pressure injectors, biplane imaging, patient monitors, etc. The purpose of these exams is to achieve diagnostic studies of the spinal canal.
- Performs most exams utilizing surgical sterile techniques. This requires "scrub-in technique," preparation of surgical trays, preparation of contrast, supplying of catheters and guide wires, sterile assurance of the patient and equipment that may come in contact with the sterile field with the purpose of assuring that all preventive measures have been taken to prevent contamination of the patient. This is done to minimize hazards associated with invasive procedures and involves the use of sterile packs, gloves, syringes, guide wires, catheters, clean-up trays, etc., after exam is completed. Adheres to hospital infection control and safety policies/techniques with emphasis on sterile technique; the storage of sterile supplies; the disposal of body fluids and 'sharps'; proper attire; hand washing practices; and continuing education.
- Works with the vascular surgeon and radiologist as a member of the medical team. Must assist and anticipate the needs of the vascular surgeon and/or radiologists and the performance of the exam. Must be continuously on the alert for the patient's condition, sterile field, catheter and guide wire sizes and configurations, etc. The alertness of the individual is essential to prevent contamination, recognize patient reactions, anticipate technique factor difficulties, etc.
- High School Diploma
- Certificate of Completion from a Radiologic Technologist training program accredited by an institution recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), and/or the JCERT
- ARRT certification in (R) is required, advanced certification in (VI) is preferred
- A minimum of one (1) year of proven clinical experience in IR in a Level 1 hospital setting is preferred
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. Ansible will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on a person’s race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, medical/physical status or disability, or military status.