Inventory Accountant - (Loveland, Colorado, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to the Manager, Operational Accounting, the Inventory Accountant will provide daily analysis of margin, inventory, and cost accounting reports for one region of the company and work with the appropriate individual(s) to resolve any exceptions/issues. The Inventory Accountant works closely with the Branch and Division personnel to ensure accurate reporting of margins and inventory transactions in addition to answering questions regarding inventory counts, adjustments, or other inventory related inquiries.
What you will do:
- Provide daily analysis of margin and inventory reports for one region of the company
- Work closely with the Branch Managers and Branch personnel to ensure accurate reporting of margins and inventory transactions
- Assist Regional Finance Managers and Analysts in researching any inventory transactions resulting in questionable margins or inventory levels
- Complete monthly SOX reports to ensure proper internal controls over inventory transactions
- Perform validity checks before posting inventory adjustments submitted by the branches
- Assist Division personnel with consignment inventory contracts
- Assist Division personnel with required yearly physical counts of inventory at each branch – including participation in physical counts of inventory, reconciliation of inventory counts and adjusting of variances
- Accounting functions, including journal entries, account reconciliation and transactional review
- Special projects, and other duties as assigned by Operations Accounting Manager or other Operations Accounting Management
- Approximately 5% travel for attendance at Regional/Divisional Meetings, visits to Branches, attendance at inventory counts/recounts
What you will bring:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years of Accounting experience
- Accounting designations not required
- Strong integrity and business ethics
- Strong verbal, written communication, strong computer (MS Office – Excel) skills
- People-soft experience a plus
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.