Inventory Allocation Specialist
Transamerican Auto Parts is a multi-national, multi-channel distributor (retail, Wholesale, e-commerce and catalog) of aftermarket automotive parts as well as a manufacturer of several branded product lines. We are seeking a Dynamic Inventory Allocation Specialist to join our team! The Inventory Allocation Specialist will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Brand Distribution Center allocation functions including ETA reporting, Billing/shortage reporting, Inbound import documents and creating/filing of hard copies.
This position will be located at our Corporate Office in Compton, CA in the Greater Los Angeles area.
Logistics Management/Inventory Planning
- Responsible for creation and management of inbound transfers from overseas warehouse locations to US distribution centers
- Creates weekly transfers of products received into Asia warehouses to USA Distribution centers following order points set by Corporate S&OP team.
- Containerizes inbound shipments, communicates with Overseas Freight Management Company and confirms booking information.
- Updates ERP system with Container details including estimated date of arrival to all US distribution centers.
- Creates manual transfers to outlying DC’s where necessary to support service levels between international inbound shipments
- Planning direct vendor containers using same allocation methods
- Maintain Distribution Centers inventory levels by moving products using allocation methods determined by S&OP team
- Communicate with Distribution/Shipping team to ensure the transfers are shipped according to the shipping schedule.
- Create transfers based on special requests for International Customers or inventory imbalances between distribution centers.
Responsible for all aspects of Brand Distribution Center allocation functions including
- Manages administrative team, reviews , creates and approves:
- ETA reporting
- Billing /shortage reporting
- Inbound import documents
Coordinate with group logistics team members to ensure forecasted delivery times are met, including:
- Regular communications with logistic suppliers to maintain and take corrective actions to maintain acceptable on-time shipping, fill rates and production forecasting
- Work with US Logistics team members to leverage global costs, where applicable
- Coordinate efforts of domestic and overseas Brand team members on new product development, quality and service levels
- Attend weekly meetings to ensure China goods are being fulfilled accordingly
Reporting on key performance indicators (KPI), including:
- Maintaining documented Brand procedures
- Maintain Logistics vendor score, to evaluate vendor shipping performance and institute corrective actions where needed
- Monitoring daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly performance results to identify trends and opportunities both in cost and service levels
- Coordinates within the receiving teams to provide visibility to inbound shipments, receiving reports as needed
- Provides analysis and initiates manual transfer requests where necessary to balance inventory availability across all DC’s and to ensure inventory targets are consistent with company goals
Will develop regular communications with the international Logistics team, international buying agents and suppliers, Distribution Center teams, and other internal management and partners
Understands HTS Codes for specific products
Assisting the new products team in classifying these HTS codes
Working with customs brokers on ensuring we are using the right HTS Codes
- 5 + years Inventory allocations experience working with third party manufacturing. Experience in Asia is a plus
- 2-3 years’ experience in Automotive parts and finished goods logistics a plus
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time in front of a computer.
- Highly proficient with Windows applications and general business applications
- Word and a high degree of understanding of Excel is a must
- Quick to learn company accounting package.
Understanding of MRP/ERP systems like Demand solutions software
In addition to a great compensation plan, we offer a wide range of benefits, including: medical & dental insurance; vision plan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employee purchase program; and many other perks.
To learn more about us, visit: http://transamericanautoparts.com
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).