The Inventory Control Associate is responsible for operating MHEs for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting. Computer data entry is required for receipts, shipments and inventory maintenance. The Inventory Associate is responsible for assisting the supervisor/manager in ensuring the facility is in compliance with quality standards.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain accurate warehouse inventory
- Direct customer interface to answer questions and resolve issues
- Return material coming from customer to factory
- Transfer material to the appropriate area
- Relocate material to keep and maintain inventory range and locations
- Safe use of all equipment
- Function autonomously, reporting progress and issues to supervisor/management
- Follow company policies, guidelines and procedures
- Maintain appropriate records and reports to ensure inventory control and security. Conduct physical inventory as required. Assist in conduct daily / monthly “in-house” cycle count when required, support shipping / receiving in locating missing items throughout facility.
- Perform safety audits per operation requirements. Report and correct any unsafe operations
- Participate in daily start-up and staff meetings as required. Assist supervision as needed.
- Use PC skills for e-mail and generating reports as required.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system; to identify and record any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system; to initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels; to verify the implementation of solutions.
- Review/investigate issues with inbound and/or outbound functions including unloading, checking, orderly stacking, storing, order pulling, staging, labeling and loading. Ship material to the factory upon client requests inventory. Notify management when procedures require updates.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Perform housekeeping audits per operation requirements.
- Performs other duties as required
- Assist supervision/management as needed
- Able to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekends, as required by the operation. Participate in established cross training matrix activities with the opportunity to improve their knowledge in multiple areas / departments and be able to assist as a backup associate when the need may rise.