This position is responsible for maintaining accurate inventory data in PRMS and providing support as needed in the Inventory department. This requires daily cycle counting and inventory maintenance, packaging, film, condiment, trailers and Finished Goods inventories.
Job Function Statements Essential Functions:
- Timely and accurate inventory of raw materials, packaging, film, and condiments.
- Accurate data entry and file maintenance in PRMS.
- Follow proper documentation procedures in accordance to SOX requirements and other company procedures.
- Interface with production, warehouse, scheduling, purchasing, etc., as needed.
- Inventory variance review, research, and explanation as needed.
- Follow-up on findings of that research, as corrective actions where appropriate.
- Also includes MUV research and reports as required or requested by the Accounting department or Inventory Supervisor.
- Report Peco Inventory on a weekly basis and an explanation for any variances.
- Maintain files so that they are readily available for review.
- Communicate with Production, Scheduling, Purchasing, Transportation, Customer Service, and Logistic team on a regular basis (proactive communication and information sharing as needed).
- Performs other duties as assigned (including housekeeping)
- Good communication skills
- Computer Knowledge: MS Word and Excel
- Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter
- Ability to Multi-task and work in a fast-changing environment with minimal supervision
- Team oriented with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a cold (34-degree F) and wet environment with prolonged standing, noise exposure, climbing stairs, frequent bending
Other Desired Qualifications/Skills:
- Forklift Certified
- Computer: AS400
- Minimum of 1 year in a food processing and packaging environment or equivalent (Food, Manufacturing or Warehouse Industry experience)
- Minimum of 1 year related experience
- Inventory control / Cycle count experience
High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience