Transwest is a growing company with an opportunity for an Inventory Control Purchasing Specialist at our headquarters in Brighton, CO. This is an ideal opportunity for a motivated candidate with strong analytical skills and a customer service mindset to join our Parts Inventory Management Team.
We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor parts inventory levels and reconcile physical inventory records to ensure inventory accuracy at Transwest branches.
• Reconcile purchase orders with vendor invoices and partner with accounts payable for payment.
• Facilitate expedited parts requisition process.
• Maintain business system inventory file.
• Set forecast approach and re-ordering parameters for all stock items for assigned branches.
• Use the purchase order and warehouse transfer systems daily to create replenishment orders.
• Identify slow moving inventory, status changes and excess inventory and communicate to branch parts managers.
• Maintain target inventory turn metrics.
• Optimize freight and material costs through ordering methods.
• Other duties as assigned by the manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
• Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Ability to communicate by providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
• Ability to receive and analyze data and input into the computer.
• Normal range of hearing and vision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Valid driver's license with good standing MVR.
• Ability to work independently.
• Detail oriented.
• Strong math and accounting skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Adept at working with urgency and deadlines.
• Strong Microsoft Office/ Google Suite skills.
• Able to multitask and prioritize.
• Follow-up skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to successfully complete a General Abilities Assessment and pass a post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
• 1-3 years of purchasing and/or inventory experience.
• Previous experience reconciling inventory and investigating discrepancies.
• Warehouse background and shipping/receiving experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled