Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking a Inventory Control Specialist for a 12+ month contract in Worcester, MA for our client a metal producer in the heavy duty steel industry, striving to serve as the global authority in metals excellence.
- Receives, stores, and issues parts and specialty hand tools, machine tools, materials, and equipment.
- Prepares periodic inventory or maintains perpetual inventory of tools and equipment, manually or using computer.
- Prepares inventory records and reports and investigates discrepancies in stock counts.
- Updates information on computer to maintain inventory records.
- Prepares reports and recommends options for defective or unusable items.
- Receives, unpacks, and stores incoming parts, tools and equipment, and requisitions stock to replenish inventory.
- May repair, service, and lubricate tools and equipment, using hand tools, spray gun, or pressurized spray can.
- May deliver parts, tools or equipment to workers, manually or using hand truck.
- May mark and identify parts, tools and equipment, using identification tag, stamp, or electric marking tool.
Education High School or Equivalent:
- Related Work Experience Two to three years.
- Certifications Crane/Forklift.
- In house training provided to obtain certifications.
- Driver’s license.
- Tools/Equipment Used Hand Tools
- Safety Equipment Used: Safety Boots; Hard Hat; Safety Glasses; Welding Gloves; Fall Protection; Ear Plugs; FR Uniforms; Welding Hood; Long sleeved shirts/jackets.
- Must be able to read, write, type, and use a telephone.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Game Rooms
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Performance bonus
- Vacation/paid time off