ISLAND seeks a full-time Inventory Coordinator to join our growing procurement team in Oakland, CA.
The Inventory Coordinator will be responsible for ordering product from suppliers, managing warehouse inventory levels, monitoring loads in transit from suppliers, eliminating out-of-stock occurrences, and ensuring product freshness. The ideal candidate will be extremely detail-oriented and comfortable working with data and inventory software.
- Utilize sales data, customer inventory, promotional calendar, and analytics to develop item level forecasting and replenishment plans for all packaging across all brands
- Optimize inventory levels and tracking across Manufacturing network while collaborating with Distribution Center teams to ensure inventory accuracy and cycle count integrity, Accounting on inventory reconciliation and adjustments, and Finance on inventory cash flow projections and planning
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing, Planning, and Marketing Teams on developing forecasts for and launching new products and packaging for e-commerce and wholesale customers
- Meet regularly with representatives of customer supply chain and buying organizations to review forecasts and supply chain performance including on time and accurate production and delivery, recommend purchases, collaborate on upcoming promotions, and negotiate lower price points & shorter lead times
- Mitigate risk by solving supply issues to minimize disruptions to customer service while working directly with QC Manager as a liaison between the vendors to work through any quality control issues
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- An exceptional communicator. No matter the audience, you deliver your thoughts clearly, concisely, and confidently
- Numbers oriented - you know your way around MS Excel and enjoy playing with data!
- Highly analytical and strategic - your problem-solving skills are unparalleled
- A self-starter who loves collaboration - you’re comfortable working independently as well as influencing cross-functional teams
- Motivated by fast-paced, rapidly changing environments - we’re in startup mode, after all!
- Adaptable and ambitious - you will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
- 0-3 years of experience in inventory planning or a related function
- Experience working with manufacturing / in a production environment
- Interest in the cannabis industry / working in a startup environment
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and a high level of integrity
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain
- Strong quantitative background (experience in corporate planning, consulting, finance, etc.)
- Advanced Excel modeling skills (Macros, vlookup, pivot tables, conditional formulas, etc.)
- Inventory/Supply Chain Planning experience
- MRP/ERP experience (Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- CPG, Pharma, or wholesale experience is a plus
- Remain standing/walking for extended amounts of time daily
- Regularly lift 25 lbs
- Safely lift and carry up to 50 lbs when necessary
- Ability to work in an adverse environment with varying temperatures and conditions seasonally