To provide secure and efficient storage of inventory materials and maintain customer satisfaction through adequate stock levels and documentation of material transactions. Coordinate the daily activity between all stockroom personal. Assist the buyers with daily purchases and perform daily duties in buyers absence
- Follow written or verbal instructions to determine part requirements
- Utilize inventory system or parts catalog to quickly determine item availability and location
- Retrieve parts utilizing material handling equipment and safely deliver to customer
- Accurately record material transactions, such as: new item setups, issuances, cycle counts, receipts and returns onto forms and/or into inventory system
- Inspect receipts and returns to stock to assure specification requirements are met with timely notification to customer and buyer
- Process, audit, correct and batch balance data entry transactions in the inventory system to provide accurate month-end financial reports of material charges by cost center
- Properly dispose of obsolete or scrap material
- Disburse and ensure proper return of tools
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment through adherence to company safety policies, proper storage techniques and effective housekeeping
- Effectively communicate with co-workers, customers and manager status of problematic situations/resolutions of daily activities
- Use of a fork lift or mule to maneuver large parts within the building
- Take lead role and train all inventory personal
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of inventory/stockroom operation experience in a mid to large size company.
- Basic Computer and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) Skills required to retrieve part record information.
- Able to bend, climb, reach, and lift material up to 50 lbs. for part retrieval and use of freight elevators.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills necessary to problem solve and manage stressful day to day interactions with co-workers, buyers, customers.