We are seeking an inventorymanagement intern for our Glenview, IL location. This individual will assist in communicating and working with our salesand product marketing organizations, vendors and operations group to provideexceptional customer service in the order placement and fulfillmentprocess.
Specific duties for this position may include:
- Maintaining adequateinventory levels across multiple warehouse facilities
- Placing, confirming, andexpediting purchase orders with various vendors
- Coordinating purchases tomeet customer forecasts
- Analyzing inventorylevels and placement while reducing excess
- Resolving inventory,warehouse receiving and accounts payable discrepancies
- Regular reporting tomanagement on inventory turns and performance
All candidates must have strong PCskills and be able to work independently in a fast-paced team environment. Theymust be effective communicators who have excellent people skills, areanalytical, detailed-oriented, able to trouble shoot,multi-task, problem solve and “think outside the box.”
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative ActionEmployer.
ComeJoin the Market Leader!
Anixter is a Fortune500 company, and the world's leading supplier of products used to connectvoice, video, data, security systems, specialty electrical and electronic wireand cable for building construction, industrial maintenance and originalequipment manufacturing, as well as the leader in providing fasteners andC-class components to OEMs and production lines.
Learnwhy Anixter can be a great fit for your career at www.anixter.com/careers