Cookies, a globally recognized cannabis brand, is looking for an Inventory Manager, reporting to the Dispensary Manager. Cookies offers trendsetting cannabis products that start with our indoor and outdoor farms and end up on our Cookies dispensary’s retail shelves.
Our Inventory Manager is responsible for inventory purchasing, management, and distribution. Develop comprehensive inventory tracking systems to meet inventory goals, manage tracking systems to ensure ideal levels of inventory in the dispensary.
- Executes and manages strategies, processes, procedures, and standards for all inventory management related systems with a focus on accuracy and compliance.
- Manages all METRC related tasks and compliance; METRC tags, documents, product entry, and incoming/outgoing shipments.
- Maintains accurate and up to date inventory counts and reconciliation using METRC.
- Prepares METRC reports for cycle counts.
- Executes and manages ongoing physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual stock count against METRC reports.
- Investigates any and all inventory discrepancies and develops processes, procedures, and policies to minimize inventory discrepancies.
- Identifies theft or diversion of products and reports incidents directly to Dispensary Manager.
- Ensures first in first out inventory distribution policy.
- Records and monitors all items with shelflife and notifies vendors when products have expired.
- Processes, documents, and coordinates returns and exchanges with vendors in accordance with company policy and state regulations.
- Manages vendor relations and purchasing with a focus on consistency, pricing, and product availability.
- Assesses inventory requirements and submits purchase orders to approved and verified vendors.
- Assesses inventory overages and shortages and strategize sales and incentives with the management team to recoup assets or adjust ordering procedures.
- Receives, opens, counts, and unpacks cartons or crates of products and merchandise, checking invoices and manifests against items physically received.
- Examines all incoming product shipments and required documents to ensure quality and compliance with state requirements.
- Enter laboratory test results, product information and other required information into the Point of Sale system in accordance with company policy and state regulations.
- Coordinates all invoice reconciliation with Accounts Payable team.
- Executes and maintains a clean and orderly inventory storage and distribution system.
- Communicates new product offering specifics with the management team and dispensary staff.
- Manages, coaches, guides and develops inventory team to achieve higher standards of execution with a focus on compliance and efficiency.
- Develops systems that support job functions, policies, and procedures.
- Completes other assignments, tasks, and duties as assigned by management.
- Passion about the use of cannabis for consumers.
- At least 2 years of medical/recreational dispensary inventor management experience.
- Knowledge of California Cannabis Law (a big plus!)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent people and organizational skills.
- A sense of urgency, high energy, positive attitude, solution oriented approach to problem solving, coachable mindset, and are eager to contribute wherever there is a need.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Mission based company + entrepreneurial work environment
- Employee discount, company events, concerts, festivals + much more
Cookies is a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Looking for team members who are flexible, nimble and know how to get stuff done. We are a fun, driven, entrepreneurial group focused on culture, community and quality. We’re an equal opportunity employer on the lookout for top-notch talent who truly wants to help us change the world.
This position will be located in Modesto.
Come join our team!