About the Role
The role of the IM team is to maximize sales and margin through the strategic positioning of inventory investments and the methodical management of in-season profitability. This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. Ownership of business spans US Canada markets.
Pre-season: Own department pre-season planning through seasonal tops-down financial planning, item level buy-plans, and assortment architecture. Create strategic pre-season alignment across functional teams.
In-season: Owns department in-season yield management through monthly forecasting, commercial plan alignment and in-season pricing.
- Manage to sales, gross margin, and inventory goals by creating compelling pre-season strategies and inventory investments at the style level to support
- Collaborate with merchant teams to develop comprehensive pre-season strategies that align financial and product opportunities across multiple categories
- Create department and class pre-season sales, gross margin, and inventory plans that align to company budget targets and support compelling commercial plans
- Create inventory investment (style-color level buy) plans that support brand product strategies and hit divisional financial plans inclusive of sales, margin, IMU%, and inventory targets
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities
- Manage monthly open to buy forecast; incorporate current trends to maximize opportunities and mitigate risks to achieve pre-season plans
- Maximize profitability through strategic pricing decisions with a focus on the omni customer experience
- Manage inventory and pricing strategy to exceed budgeted results
- Cultivate strong working relationships multiple cross-functional partners to ensure business success
Who you are
- Minimum 3 to 4 years inventory management experience
- Four-year college degree or equivalent preferred